of goods or services received) are deductible to the extent permitted under applicable
tax law. Please consult with your tax professional as to the deductibility of contributions
to this organization.
Site designed, hosted and maintained by:
Women-Safe Communities is committed to:
1. Providing educational resources to women
of all ages to facilitate living and enjoying a safe, and predator-free life.
2. Exposing the tactics used by rapists and predators who would seek to harm women.
3. Working with law enforcement, churches, schools, business leaders, and government
leadership to help create model “women-safe” communities and reduce acts of violence
• 1 in 6 women will be sexually assaulted in her lifetime
• College age women are 4 times more likely to be sexually assaulted.
• Every 2 minutes, someone in the US is sexually assaulted.
• While 80% of all rape victims are white, minorities are somewhat more
likely to be attacked.
• Approximately 73% of rape victims know their assailant
• More than half of all rapes / sexual assaults occurred within 1 mile of
their home or at their home.
• 60% of sexual assaults are not reported to law enforcement officials
• Only 6% of rapists will ever spend a day in jail
SOURCE: Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (2008)
One of the most important things we can teach women is to be more aware of their
Assaults against women are often random acts, and women who are not cognizant of
their surroundings often become unwitting accomplices by making themselves easy targets.
Women should be able to enjoy life, but must also understand that with fun also comes
Predators prey on the vulnerability of women, and atmospheres where alcohol and/or
drugs are available present the predator with a means to gain a strategic advantage
over a woman.
advantage over a woman. Date rape drugs allow a rapist an almost “perfect” opportunity
to seek fulfillment, as the woman is incapable of fighting back, and often remembers
little, if any, of the event.
At any given time, there are more than 3 million anonymous users in Internet chat
rooms. Truth is, you don’t really know who you are talking to online, and their
Social networking sites also aid predators in identifying potential targets, and
care should be taken when posting any personal details or information online.
With increasing frequency, we are hearing another report of a missing wife, girlfriend,
or college student only later to learn they were the victim of foul play. In the
event a person becomes missing, every second counts.
By completing an ID profile kit, you can provide family and friends with important
tools to help law enforcement or emergency services personnel respond to you should
you require assistance or go missing.
Help us Fund Our Ongoing Kid-Safe & Women-Safe Efforts!
More than 100,000 people die each year from preventable medical errors. Over 90%
of these could have been avoided if the EMT or doctor had quick and easy access to
vital medical information about the patient when first treated. When you can’t provide
this info, AlerTag can. It can also provide law enforcement and emergency services
personnel with important contact information to reach your loved ones if you are
unable to do so.